Birds of a Feather sessions (or BOFs) are informal gatherings of like-minded individuals who wish to discuss a certain topic without a pre-planned agenda. BOFs allow groups to meet and discuss issues relating to regular conference sessions and talk out common problems facing the community.
Have fun and learn! BOFs exist to provide attendees with an inclusive, informal environment in which to share ideas freely. BOFs can be serious, and a great way to gather the people you’ve been working remotely with on a project in a space to deep dive on a topic, but they can also be fun as well.
Due to the broad interest in these events, we ask that you post no more than 2 BOFs per person.
In order to propose a BOF, you will need to create an account first.
How to Run a Successful BOF
- Be respectful of scheduled BOFs
- Meet in the hallway or at lunch tables if all BOF spaces are reserved
- Encourage participation from attendees and get everyone's input
- Split the group if your BOF gets too big so everyone can be heard
- Collaborate with BOF owners if you want to propose similar topics
- Ask a speaker to mention your BOF if the topics are complementary to raise awareness
These Kinds of BOFs will be Moderated and Removed
- Lecture-like presentations (such as with presentation slides that would take up the majority of the time))
- Sales pitches, product demos, or marketing meetings
- BOFs which violate the Code of Conduct