- Ishan Mahajan
The session will start, with a brief case study on the digital journey of a publishing company, which chose Drupal 8 to build its new publishing platform. I'll take you through the journey of migrating 15 brands, very much used to (for a very very long time) running their independent sites, onto this new common Drupal 8 platform.
- How will a single Drupal core (distribution) cater to 15 different brands, each having its own identify and workflows
- How not to bloat the platform with features needed by only a single brand...that is not a platform
- After weeks of hard work, came up with a set of "Core Platform Features" that meet 80% of each brand's needs.
- Provide configurations and tools that enable brands to take care of the remaining 20%.
- What is the remaining 20% brand level work?
- Layouts and Templates
- AD rules
- Roles and Permissions
Bulk of the session will be a demo of the platform.
We dive deep into the set of Drupal 8 features and modules that allowed us to build a core platform, which lets each brand setup and customization their unique sites.
I'll walk give a demo of the essential Drupal 8 modules and APIs we used:
- Block API
As we go through the demo, we'll see how 2 very unique looking sites are created, using the site building capabilities provided by the core platform.
After the demo, we'll close the session with a brief mention of other key aspects of the platform:
- Infrastructure: multi site setup in Drupal 8
- Styleguide: how using patternlab, helped us update the theme for each site quickly
|NJ Camp Session Ishan.pdf||482.79 KB|
Who Should Attend