- Kevin Porras
As part of the efforts to get Drupal “off the island”, the Community started adopting Composer. Now, with the Composer Support in Core Initiative, the adoption has become wider.
Although it's a great tool, starting with Composer can be intimidating and even problematic if you lack some basic knowledge. During this session, we will discuss the basics and not so basics of composer, including:
- Creating a composer project
- Adding dependencies to your project
- Using composer repositories
- Composer scripts
- Composer.json vs composer.lock
- Dealing with merge conflicts when using composer
- Dealing with dependencies resolution problems
- Working with some popular composer plugins:
- Additional composer configuration items
You will leave this session with the confidence to use and solve issues when working with Composer in your day-to-day tasks.
Who Should Attend
- Back-end Developers
- Front-end Developers
- Site Builders
- Sys Admins
Some basic Drupal understanding would be good but by no means necessary.